Hello Everybody, and welcome to Fun Friday.
First, we have another edition of Kenzie’s Craft Corner, where she shows you how to make a headband that looks like it would go perfectly on Octavius from Night at the Museum.
We also have a virtual scavenger hunt of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum below. There’s lots of cool stuff to see, from whales to dinosaurs to chicken tenders, and any student who emails us answers gets a prize! (You can use the message section on the Contact page) Answers don’t need to be perfect, just do the best you can.
Go to The Smithsonian’s virtual tour page. You can move around the museum by clicking the dots on the map on the top right, or the tools on the bottom.
Some are easy, some you might have to search a bit harder for. Good Luck.
- What animal is next to the information desk?
- Close to the main entrance (green on the map) you see the skeleton of a giant what kind of animal?
- What continent do you see written when you first enter the Mammal Hall?
- What creature is hanging out above the Ocean Terrace Cafe?
- Name 2 animals you see in the Ocean Hall that aren’t fish:
- What large animal is hanging above the middle of the Ocean Hall?
- What 3 letters are written on the airplane found in African Voices?
- How much do chicken tenders cost in the cafe?
- Name two animals you see on t-shirts in the gift shop:
- Name one bird with a color in its name from the Birds of D.C. section:
- Name one book you can find in the Garden Lounge:
- Name one kind of bird you see in the Objects of Wonder 2 section:
- What kind of flying creature can be seen in Objects of Wonder 5 or 6?
- Name 3 animals whose skeletons you see in the Bones exhibit:
- According to Geology, Gems, and Minerals: Space 2, name one city that has been hit by meteors twice:
- How old does the museum say the Hope Diamond is?
Bonus question: What monument can you see out the window from Insect Zoo 3?
As part of our effort to encourage more student participation, we’re asking students to give us their answers to any or all of the following four questions, and we may include their answers in a post next week. Students get a prize for this too! The advisors might post some of our own answers on Thursday as well.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What is your favorite game? (board game, video game, any kind!)
- Tell us one cool thing you’ve done while social distancing:
- What is your favorite movie and/or book?
The Friday Funny
Where does a cow hang his paintings? In a mooooseum.
Thanks and have a great weekend,
The YEP Team
Andy, Jennifer, Kathy, and Kenzie