Hello everybody, and welcome to Website Wednesday!
We have a great selection of fun and informational websites focused on elections, presidents, and how our government works for you this week.
- Check out this Cool Site from Scholastic that includes info on topics from how elections work to presidential pets, and a lot more! We recommend this one as a good place to find information in a fun way.
- This site provides a fun Game Where You Run for President. You choose a political party, learn what they stand for, go through debates and other important steps, and in the end, you might be the next president! (May not work on some devices)
- National Geographic has some great Tips for Parents on Talking to Their Kids About Elections. Many of our students might also read it on their own to learn something too.
- For the readers who might want to learn even more about our government, here is a fantastic List of Books sorted by grade level from K-12.
- If you’d rather just have some fun where you might accidentally learn something, check out these Presidential Facts that you can use to stump your friends. For example, do you know which president had a pet alligator?
Thanks, and have a great day,
The YEP Team
Andy, Jennifer, Kathy, and Kenzie