Hello everybody, and welcome to Website Wednesday.
Thanks to all who have participated in Tuesday’s Trivia so far. For those who haven’t responded yet, you still have until Monday to get your answers in. Don’t forget, there is a prize for all who enter. We have attached the trivia again for those who might have missed it yesterday.
First, we’d like to start with a fun CHALLENGE for all of our students. We’d love to see students create and submit a video of their own homemade Rube Goldberg machines.
Not sure what that is? Check out the videos below. By the way, all students who meet this challenge will have another PRIZE added to their list.
1) Andy explains the challenge and the machines below. Any questions, just let us know!
2) A great How-To can be found here
3) Andy’s favorite can be found below (warning: it is very complicated and very messy. You’ll also need your own empty warehouse for this. DO NOT TRY THIS ONE AT HOME!):
We’ve also got links to three sites we feel can be useful to students and parents for a variety of reasons.
1) For those who will be celebrating Easter this weekend, or just like hiding plastic eggs around their house any day of the week for kids of all ages, here is a fun idea to spread a little kindness during the egg hunt.
2) A site to get kids/families up and moving. Lots of drills (by sport), fun outdoor games, plus helpful information to deal with challenges that being at home might bring (conflict, boundaries, mindfulness, patience, and more).
3) A great Wisconsin based resource that includes tv shows and internet-based sources to help with at-home learning, provided by PBS.
Don’t forget, if you ever have issues opening attachments or links, let us know so we can help!
The YEP Team
Andy, Jennifer, Kathy, and Kenzie